AVL is the abbreviation code for Asheville Regional Airport. According to Abbreviation Finder, AVL can also mean:
- Acadèmia Valenciana de La Llengua
- Achat, Vente, Location
- Active Vendor List
- Adelson-Velskii and Landis
- Alabama Virtual Library
- Allied Van Lines
- Amaury et Roselyne Van Lidth
- Annos Vixit Quinquaginta
- Application Version List
- Approved Vendor List
- Aroostook Valley Railroad Company
Asheville Regional Airport, NC Airport (AVL)
The Asheville Regional Airport is the main air transport hub in the County of Buncombe County, of the US state of North Carolina is located in the far west.
It lies below the provincial capital of the same name in the subsequent municipality of Fletcher. Asheville Regional is the closest possible destination airport, especially for tourists and visitors to the two nearby national parks, Great Smoky Mountain and Blue Ridge Parkway.
- URL: Asheville Regional Airport, NC (AVL)
- Time zone: GMT -5
- Service phone: +1 828 684-2226
- Address: Asheville Regional Airport, 61 Terminal Drive, Fletcher, NC 28732, USA
- Operator: Asheville Regional Airport Authority
- Parking: Yes, for a fee; Short and long-term parking spaces, but the first 20 minutes are free.
- Accessibility: Take Interstate 26 to Exit # 40 and then follow the signs to the parking lots.
- Train connections: The nearest possible Amtrak Rail Station is about 50 kilometers further southeast in Spartanburg / South Carolina, from where there is a connection to the “Crescent”, which runs from New York to New Orleans.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.89%), Tuesday (12.96%), Wednesday (14.03%), Thursday (14.73%), Friday (14.83%), Saturday (13.25%), Sunday (15.31%)
- other spellings: Эшвилл, Ешвил, اشویل, آشفيل, אשוויל, ア シ ュ ビ ル, 阿什维尔, 阿什維爾, 애쉬 빌
Favorite destinations from Asheville Regional Airport, NC (flights per week)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport, NC (63, 24.51%)
- Atlanta International Airport (63, 24.51%)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, FL (23, 8.95%)
- Washington DC – Dulles International Airport, DC (18.7.00%)
- New York – Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ (14, 5.45%)
- St Petersburg – Clearwater International Airport (13, 5.06%)
- Orlando Sanford International Airport (11, 4.28%)
- Dallas – Fort Worth International Airport, TX (8, 3.11%)
- Manchester – Boston Regional Airport, NH (8, 3.11%)
- Philadelphia International Airport, PA (8, 3.11%)
- Other (10.91%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- American Airlines (162, 18.37%)
- Allegiant Air (126, 14.29%)
- Aeroméxico (95, 10.77%)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (62, 7.03%)
- KLM (57, 6.46%)
- United Airlines (57, 6.46%)
- Air France (55, 6.24%)
- Delta Air Lines (54, 6.12%)
- Westjet (46, 5.22%)
- Korean Air Lines (32, 3.63%)
- Other (15.41%)
The airport is 14 kilometers south of Ashville, just off Interstate 26 and across from the town of Fletcher. Motorists arriving from outside the city should take Interstate 26 to Exit # 40 (Asheville Regional Airport) and then follow the signs to the parking lots.
From the Asheville Transit Center in Downtown bus route # 6 runs every day of the public transport company Asheville Transit to the airport. Please inquire about the current departure times on site.