BUF is the abbreviation code for Buffalo Niagara International Airport. According to Abbreviation Finder, BUF can also mean:
Buffalo Niagara International Airport, NY (BUF)
The Buffalo Niagara International Airport is one, in terms of annual passenger numbers to the major airports of the US state of New York.
- URL: Buffalo Niagara International, NY (BUF)
- Time zone: GMT -5
- Service phone: +1 716 630-6000
- Address: Buffalo Niagara International Airport, 4200 Genesee Street, Cheektowaga, NY 14225, USA
- Operator: Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA)
- Parking spaces: yes, subject to a charge; approx. 5100 short-term and long-term parking spaces
- Nearby cities: Buffalo (13 km), Rochester (94 km)
- Transport connections: From outside via Interstate I-90 at Exit 49 or 51 and then via State Route 33. The airport is about 15 kilometers northeast of downtown.
- Train connections: The Amtrak routes “Maple Leaf” (New York-Toronto), “Empire Service” (New York-Niagara Falls) and “Lake Shore Limited” (New York-Chicago) regularly stop in Buffalo.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.92%), Tuesday (14.30%), Wednesday (14.69%), Thursday (14.81%), Friday (14.85%), Saturday (12.17%), Sunday (14.26%)
- other spellings: Greater Buffalo International Airport, Μπάφαλο, Νέα Υόρκη, Буффало, Нью-Йорк, Баффало, Бафало – Њујорк, Бъфало, Ню Йا ون, ل, بوفو, و،و -ניו יורק, バ ッ フ ァ ロ ー (ニ ュ ー ヨ ー ク 州), 버펄로 (뉴욕 주), बफेलो, न्यूयॉर्क, บั ฟ ฟา โล, 水牛城, 紐約 州 布法羅 市, 纽约 州 布法罗 市
Most popular destinations from Buffalo Niagara International, NY (flights per week)
- New York – John F. Kennedy International Airport, NY (79, 10.31%)
- Boston Logan International Airport, MA (60, 7.83%)
- New York – Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ (53, 6.92%)
- Atlanta International Airport (47, 6.14%)
- Baltimore – Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, MD (46, 6.01%)
- Philadelphia International Airport, PA (46, 6.01%)
- Orlando International Airport, FL (39, 5.09%)
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, MI (38, 4.96%)
- Chicago Midway International Airport, IL (36, 4.70%)
- Washington DC – Dulles International Airport, DC (32, 4.18%)
- Other (37.85%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- Southwest Airlines (466, 11.93%)
- American Airlines (222, 5.68%)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (219, 5.61%)
- KLM (202, 5.17%)
- Delta Air Lines (192, 4.92%)
- Aeroméxico (178, 4.56%)
- Air France (173, 4.43%)
- Hawaiian Airlines (142, 3.64%)
- United Airlines (141, 3.61%)
- Aer Lingus Irish Airlines (117, 3.00%)
- Other (47.45%)
The airport, built in 1926 but not put into operation until 1939, is located approx. 15 kilometers northeast of downtown Buffalo, near the city of Cheektowaga. The terminal can be reached via State Route 33. The best way to get to Route 33 from outside the city is via Interstate I-90, either via Exit 49 or 51.
Bus route # 204 of the NFTA metro runs regularly between the airport and the Metro Bus Station or Buffalo-Exchange Street Amtrak Station in downtown. Bus route # 210 runs regularly between the airport and Niagara Falls, other routes from the airport are # 30 and # 68, you can find out the current departure times on site. Otherwise, the arrival and onward journey is also possible with taxis. Rental cars, private limousines or various bus shuttles possible, e.g. to New York City, Rochester, Syracuse or Toronto.
In addition, the Niagara Bus Airport Shuttle runs regularly between Buffalo International and the two Canadian airports Toronto International and Hamilton International.