The first recorded landing at the Dodge City Airport was in 1929. The airport was then known as the Dodge City Municipal Airport, and it was used primarily as a refueling station for private aircraft. In 1934, the airport was upgraded to accommodate larger aircraft, and it began to be used as a commercial airport. During World War II, the airport was taken over by the U.S. Army Air Force and used as a training base for military pilots. After the war ended, it reverted back to its civilian use and continued to be used for both commercial and private flights until the early 1970s when its usage declined due to increasing competition from larger airports in nearby cities.
In 1993, renovations began on the Dodge City Airport that included new hangars and other improvements that allowed for larger planes to land there again. This renewed interest in using Dodge City Airport for both commercial and private aircraft caused an increase in air traffic into and out of the city. Today, Dodge City Airport is still active with daily flights from major airlines including American Airlines, United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, Southwest Airlines and Allegiant Air offering direct service to multiple destinations within the US.
- DC-to-DC Converter
- Darokin Diplomatic Corps
- Data Display Central
- Data Display Channel
- Data Distribution Center
- Davao Diecast Club
- Davao Doctors College
- Decision Development Corporation
- Deep Dickollective
- Deep Dynamic Compaction
- Defect Detection Capability
- Defense Distribution Center
- Defense Documentation Center
- Defense Documentation Center for Scientific & Technical Information
- Defensive Driving Course
- Delivery Distribution Center
- Demand Dependency Constraint
- Department of Design and Construction
- Desert Development Center
- Design During Construction
Dodge City Airport (DDC)
The Dodge City Regional Airport is a major air traffic hub in the US state of Kansas. It is located in the southwestern county of Ford County.
- URL: Dodge City (DDC)
- Time zone: GMT -6
- Service phone: +1 620 225-8170
- Address: Dodge City Regional Airport, 100 Airport Road, Dodge City, KS 67801, USA
- Operator: Dodge City
- Parking: Yes, there is a parking space.
- Transport links: The airport is located approx. 6 kilometers east of Downtown Dodge City on US Highway 56/283.
- Train Services: Ride the Southwest Chief to Dodge City Amtrak Rail Station and then take a taxi.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (16.67%), Tuesday (16.67%), Wednesday (11.11%), Thursday (11.11%), Friday (16.67%), Saturday (13.89%), Sunday (13.89%)
- other spellings: Dodž Siti, Додж Сіті, Додж Сити, دودج سيتي, דודג ‘סיטי, 닷지 시티, ド ッ ジ シ テ ィ, 道奇 城 (堪薩斯 州), ดอด จ์ ซิ ตี
The airport is located approximately 6 kilometers east of downtown Dodge City. Passengers arriving by car should take US Highway 56/283 (E. Wyantt Earp Boulevard) from Downtown Dodge City and just follow the signs to the airport.
Passengers arriving by train take the “Southwest Chief” to the Dodge City Amtrak station and from there take a taxi to the airport, which is about 4 kilometers away.