Gainesville Regional Airport Abbreviation Code
- GNU for VMS
- GNU’s Not VMS
- Gainesville, FL, USA – Jr Alison Municipal
- Gas Natural Veicular
- Grandi Navi Veloci
- Graphical Network Viewer
Gainesville, FL Airport (GNV)
The Gainesville Regional Airport, also known under the old name JR Alison Airport is a small airport in the administrative district of Alachua County, North Florida.
- URL: Gainesville, FL (GNV)
- Time zone: GMT -5
- Service phone: +1 352 373-0249
- Address: Gainesville Regional Airport, 3880 NE, 39th Avenue, Suite A, Gainsville, Florida 32609, USA
- Operator: Gainesville-Alachua County Authority
- Parking: Yes, chargeable, short and long-term parking, but the first 30 minutes are free.
- Nearby cities: Gainesville (7 km), Jacksonville (93 km)
- How to get there: From Gainesville, take State Road 24 towards Waldo and then turn onto State Road 222, from where the route is signposted.
- Train connections: The closest possible Amtrak Rail Station is located approx. 70 kilometers further east in Palatka, from where there is a connection to the “Silver Star” and the “Silver Meteor”.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.77%), Tuesday (14.37%), Wednesday (14.46%), Thursday (14.88%), Friday (14.88%), Saturday (11.88%), Sunday (14.76%)
- other spellings: Gainesville, Florida, Гейнсвил, Гейнсвилле (Флорида) Гейнсвилл, Гейнсвілл, Γκέινσβιλ, جينزفيل, گینسویل, غينزفيل, فلوريدا,ゲーンズビル-フロリダ州, 게인즈 빌 (플로리다 주)蓋恩斯維爾 (佛羅里達州)盖恩斯维尔
Most popular destinations from Gainesville, FL (flights per week)
- Atlanta International Airport (59, 48.76%)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport, NC (32, 26.45%)
- Dallas – Fort Worth International Airport, TX (16, 13.22%)
- Other (11.57%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- American Airlines (112, 17.28%)
- Aeroméxico (96, 14.81%)
- KLM (61, 9.41%)
- Korean Air Lines (56, 8.64%)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (53, 8.18%)
- Air France (48, 7.41%)
- Delta Air Lines (46, 7.10%)
- Westjet (46, 7.10%)
- ALITALIA (32, 4.94%)
- Donavia (20, 3.09%)
- Other (12.04%)
The airport is located around 5 kilometers northeast of the city center. Drivers coming from outside of Gainesville should take NE Waldo Road (N ° 24) towards Waldo to the junction with State Road 222, from where the rest of the route is signposted.
Passengers arriving by train can take the train to the Waldo Amtrak station and from there take a taxi to the airport, which is around 15 kilometers away. Furthermore, the bus line # 24 of the local public transport company RTS Gainesville runs daily from Gainesville Downtown to the airport. Please inquire about the current departure times on site.