Monterey Regional Airport Abbreviation Code
- Monterey / Carmel, CA, USA – Monterey Peninsula Airport
- Monterey Peninsula Airport
- Moore, Ruble, Yudell Architects and Planners
Monterey Peninsula Airport, CA (MRY)
The Monterey Regional Airport is an important regionally operating commercial airport in the US state of California. It is located three miles southeast of downtown Monterey, a small coastal town in central California that lies between San Francisco and Los Angeles.
- URL: Monterey Peninsula Airport, CA (MRY)
- Time zone: GMT -8
- Service phone: +1 831 648-7000
- Address: Monterey Regional Airport, 200 Fred Kane Drive # 200, Monterey, CA 93940, USA
- Operator: Monterey Peninsula Airport District
- Parking: Yes, chargeable, short-term and long-term parking.
- Nearby cities: Salinas (20 km), San Jose (84 km), Santa Clara (86 km), Sunnyvale (89 km)
- Transport links: The airport is located directly on State Highway 68 from Monterey to Salinas.
- Train connections: Take the train to the Salinas Amtrak station and then change to bus # 21 at the Salinas Transit Center.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.11%), Tuesday (13.39%), Wednesday (13.96%), Thursday (14.20%), Friday (14.98%), Saturday (13.26%), Sunday (15.11%)
- other spellings: Монтерей, (Калифорния) Μοντερέι, מונטריי, קליפורניה, مونتيري, كاليفورنيا, مونتری, مانتری, มอน เท อ ร์, मोंटेरी,モントレー (カリフォルニア州) 몬테레이, 캘리포니아,蒙特雷 (加利福尼亚州)
Favorite flight destinations from Monterey Peninsula Airport, CA (flights per week)
- Los Angeles International Airport, CA (32, 27.35%)
- Phoenix – Sky Harbor International Airport (32, 27.35%)
- Denver International Airport, CO (16, 13.68%)
- San Francisco International Airport, CA (16, 13.68%)
- Dallas – Fort Worth International Airport, TX (8, 6.84%)
- San Diego – Lindberg Field International, CA (8, 6.84%)
- Las Vegas – McCarran International Airport, NV (4, 3.42%)
- Other (0.85%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- Air Canada (96, 17.05%)
- American Airlines (80, 14.21%)
- Air New Zealand (58, 10.30%)
- Lufthansa (56, 9.95%)
- Avianca (56, 9.95%)
- Copa Airlines (40, 7.10%)
- Thai AirAsia (38, 6.75%)
- United Airlines (37, 6.57%)
- Austrian Airlines (16, 2.84%)
- Japan Airlines (15, 2.66%)
- Other (12.62%)
The airport is located directly on the Monterey Salinas Highway (State Highway 68). Motorists coming from outside the city should take Interstate Highway 1 to Monterey and then continue on State Highway 68 to the airport.
Passengers arriving by train take the “Cost Starlight” route to the Salinas Amtrak station and then change at the nearby Salinas Transit Center to bus route # 21 of the local transport company MST, which runs every hour.