New York – LaGuardia Airport Abbreviation Code
- Chrysler Corporation Loan Guarantee Act of 1979
- L-Glutamic Acid
- Land Grid Array
- Large for Gestational Age
- Lattice Gas Automata
- Linderman Group Architects, Inc.
- Living Group Advisor
- Local Government Area
- Local Government Association
- Local Government Authority
- Lotteries and Gaming Authority
- Low Gain Antenna
- Low Gestational Age
- Low Grazing Angle
- Lynne Gilfillan Associates, Inc.
- New York, NY, USA – Laguardia
New York Airport – La Guardia Airport, NY (LGA)
The New York – LaGuardia Airport is the smallest of the three airports in the metropolitan area of New York City. LaGuardia mainly offers national flight destinations, the other two airports New York – John F. Kennedy are much larger and more importantand Newark – Liberty International, which, like LaGuardia, are administered by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
Other airports in the more distant New York area are Long Island-Mac Arthur Airport in Islip, approx. 90 kilometers east of Downtown Manhattan, Westchester County Airport in White Plains, approx. 60 kilometers northeast of Downtown Manhattan, and approx. 120 kilometers Stewart International Airport, north of downtown Manhattan in Newburgh.
- URL: New York – La Guardia Airport, NY (LGA)
- Time zone: GMT -5
- Service phone: +1 718 533-3400
- Address: New York – LaGuardia Airport, Ditmars Boulevard and 94th Street, Flushing, NY 11371, USA
- Operator: Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Parking spaces: yes, subject to a charge; Short-term and long-term parking spaces
- Nearby cities: New York (13 km), Yonkers (17 km), Jersey City (18 km), Newark (26 km), Paterson (30 km), Elizabeth (31 km), Stamford (42 km), North Stamford ( 49 km), Edison (54 km), Bridgeport (71 km)
- Accessibility: Via Grand Central Parkway and via Interstate Highways I-278 and I-678.
- Train connections: No train connection at the airport, from Pennsylvania Station in Midtown Manhattan there are currently 16 different routes of the Amtrak and various local routes of the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) and the New Jersey Transit
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.56%), Tuesday (14.79%), Wednesday (14.96%), Thursday (15.20%), Friday (15.64%), Saturday (10.12%), Sunday (13.73%)
- other spellings: New York-La Guardia-NY, Нью-Йорк – Ла Гардиа, نيويورك – مطار لاغوارديا, 뉴욕 시 – 라구 아 디아 공항, ニ ュ ー ー ヨ ー ク, – ラ ガ ー デ ィ ィ – ラ ガ ー デ ィ ィ
Most popular destinations from New York – La Guardia Airport, NY (flights per week)
- Boston Logan International Airport, MA (245, 5.69%)
- Atlanta International Airport (221, 5.13%)
- Toronto – Lester B. Pearson International Airport (182, 4.23%)
- Washington DC – Ronald Reagan National Airport, VA (167, 3.88%)
- Dallas – Fort Worth International Airport, TX (160, 3.72%)
- Denver International Airport, CO (138, 3.21%)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport, NC (135, 3.14%)
- Cleveland – Hopkins International Airport, OH (123, 2.86%)
- Montréal – Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (122, 2.83%)
- Miami International Airport, FL (117, 2.72%)
- Other (62.59%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- Westjet (3352, 22.55%)
- American Airlines (2176, 14.64%)
- Delta Air Lines (1465, 9.86%)
- Southwest Airlines (969, 6.52%)
- United Airlines (604, 4.06%)
- Aeroméxico (359, 2.42%)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (256, 1.72%)
- Spirit Airlines (224, 1.51%)
- JetBlue Airways (225, 1.51%)
- KLM (201, 1.35%)
- Other (33.86%)
The airport, which opened in 1939, is located approx. 16 kilometers northeast of downtown Manhattan, directly between Bowery Bay and Flushing Bay in the borough of Queens. It can be reached via Grand Central Parkway, which is connected to Interstate I-278 and Interstate I-678.
The bus routes M60, Q33, Q47, Q48 and Q72 stop regularly at the airport. The M60 goes to the nearby Astoria Boulevard Subway Station, from where there is a regular connection to the subway – “BMT Broadway Line” in the direction of Manhattan and Brooklyn.
In the direction of Penn Station (Amtrak) or the Port Authority Bus Terminal (Greyhound, NJ Transit, Peter Pan, Trans-Bridge and various others), first use the M60 bus route to the Astoria Boulevard Subway Station and then take the BMT Broadway Line ” around. To get to the bus terminal, drive to Times Square – 42nd Street Subway Station, from there it is about 250 meters west to the bus station. To get to Penn Station, just go one stop to the 34th Street Herald Square Subway Station, from there it’s just 250 meters west to Penn Station.
In the direction of Grand Central Terminal (S-Bahn), first take the Q33 bus route to the 111Street Subway Station and then take the # 7 Flushing Line to Grand Central 42nd Street Station in Midtown Manhattan.
Passengers who have to change between LaGuardia and the two airports John F. Kennedy and Newark Liberty International can use the shuttle buses of the ETS Air Shuttle, All County Express and NY Airport Service Express, the travel time for both airports is approx. 45 – 60 minutes.
Otherwise, the arrival and onward journey is guaranteed by numerous possibilities, e.g. with rental cars, taxis, share vans, hotel buses or limousines.