San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport (SBP) is located in San Luis Obispo, California. It is the primary commercial airport serving the county and the surrounding area. The airport was founded in 1930, making it one of the older airports in the state. In 1934, an airmail service was established at SBP and by 1936, passenger service had begun. The original terminal building was built in 1941 and served as both a civilian and military facility during World War II. Afterward, the facility grew to include hangars for aircraft storage as well as an oil storage tank.
In 1953, San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport became a public airport owned by San Luis Obispo County and managed by a board of directors appointed by the county board of supervisors. During this time, the airport began to expand its operations with new runways being constructed and additional services being offered to passengers such as cargo handling and fueling services. In 1971, United Airlines began offering daily flights from SBP to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), which helped to further increase its popularity among travelers. In 1984, a new terminal building was constructed at SBP to accommodate increased traffic and better serve passengers. Today, SBP serves over 300 flights per day with nonstop flights available to major US cities including Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix and San Francisco.
- San Luis Obispo, CA, USA – San Luis Obispo County Airport
- School Breakfast Program
- School Building Program
- Schoolboy Pin
- Scotia Bank Place
- Search Best Practices
- Sensor Based Planning Lab
- Serial Block Protocol
- Serial Bus Protocol
- Serotonin-Binding Protein
- Service Benefit Plan
- Shoebox Project
- Short Bus Posse
- ShowBiz Pizza
- Simple Block-Based Prediction
- Single-Base Propellant
- Skill-Based Pay
- Sleeping Bear Press
- Sluzhba Bezopasnosti Prezidenta
- Small Business Pipeline
San Luis Obispo, CA Airport (SBP)
The San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, also known as McChesney Field, is a small regional airport of Southern California county of San Luis Obispo is located near the capital of the same name.
- URL: San Luis Obispo (SBP)
- Time zone: GMT -8
- Service phone: +1 805 781-5205
- Address: San Luis Obispo Regional Airport, 903-5 Airport Drive, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401, USA
- Operator: San Luis Obispo County
- Parking spaces: yes, subject to a charge; Short-term and long-term parking spaces
- Transportation: From San Luis Obispo, take State Highway 227 towards Arroyo Grande and pay attention to the signs.
- Train connections: Take the train to the San Luis Obispo Amtrak station and change there to the shuttle bus or take a taxi.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.43%), Tuesday (14.38%), Wednesday (14.32%), Thursday (14.30%), Friday (14.27%), Saturday (13.44%), Sunday (14.87%)
- other spellings: San Luis Obisco, San Luis County Regional, McChesney Field, Сан-Луи Обиспо (Калифорния), Сан Луис Оубиспоу, Сан Луїс Обіспо, Σوس و ن.
Most popular destinations from San Luis Obispo (flights per week)
- Phoenix – Sky Harbor International Airport (32, 25.20%)
- San Francisco International Airport, CA (32, 25.20%)
- Los Angeles International Airport, CA (24, 18.90%)
- Denver International Airport, CO (16, 12.60%)
- Dallas – Fort Worth International Airport, TX (8, 6.30%)
- Seattle – Tacoma International Airport, WA (8.30%)
- Other (5.51%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- United Airlines (85, 21.30%)
- American Airlines (80, 20.05%)
- Lufthansa (48, 12.03%)
- Avianca (48, 12.03%)
- Copa Airlines (40, 10.03%)
- Air Burkina (21, 5.26%)
- Bulgaria Air (20, 5.01%)
- Austrian Airlines (16, 4.01%)
- Alaska Airlines (16, 4.01%)
- Thai AirAsia (12, 3.01%)
- Other (3.26%)
The airport is located approximately 5 kilometers south of the city center. Drivers coming from outside the city should drive from San Luis Obispo on Highway 227 towards Arroyo Grande and watch out for the signs leading to the airport car parks after the city limits.
Passengers arriving by train can either take the “Coast Starlight” or the “Pacific Surfliner” to the San Luis Obispo Amtrak Station and either change to the Ride-On Transportation airport shuttle bus or take a taxi.