Sidney-Richland Municipal Airport is located in Richland County, Montana. It opened in the early 1930s as a small grass-strip airfield. The original airport consisted of a single runway, which was expanded in the 1940s to accommodate larger aircraft. In the 1950s, the airport began offering commercial services for passengers and cargo, making it an important hub for travel and trade in the area.
In the 1960s, Sidney-Richland Municipal Airport underwent major renovations to expand its facilities and services. New hangars were built to house more aircraft, and a new terminal building was constructed to accommodate travelers. The airport also added new runways and taxiways to improve safety. A control tower was also installed to provide air traffic controllers with better visibility of aircraft movements around the airport. Today, Sidney-Richland Municipal Airport provides flights to multiple destinations including Billings, Missoula, Bozeman, Great Falls and Kalispell. It also serves as a base for private pilots who use it for leisurely flights or flight instruction purposes.
Sidney, MT Airport (SDY)
The Sidney-Richland Municipal Airport is an important airport in the US state of Montana. Sidney is also the county seat of Richland County, in the northeast of the state and borders directly on McKenzie County / North Dakota.
- URL: Sidney, MT (SDY)
- Time zone: GMT -7
- Service phone: +1 406 480-1820 (mobile) / 406 433-2415 (office)
- Address: Sidney-Richland Municipal Airport, POBox 1050, 540 Airport Road, Sidney, MT 59270, USA
- Operator: Sidney Richland Airport Authority
- Parking: Yes, there is a parking space.
- Transport connections: The airport is located approx. 2 kilometers west of Downtown Sydney.
- Train connections: The nearest possible Amtrak Rail Station is located approx. 70 kilometers northeast in Williston, there is a connection to the “Empire Builder” (Chicago – Vancouver / Portland).
- Flight distribution by weekday: Monday (0.00%), Tuesday (0.00%), Wednesday (0.00%), Thursday (0.00%), Friday (0.00%), Saturday (0.00%), Sunday (0.00%)
- other spellings: Sidney-MT, Sidney-Richland Municipal Airport, Сидней, Монтана, سيدني ، مونتانا, シ ド ニ ー (モ ン タ ナ 州), 悉尼 (蒙大拿 州)
The airport is only about 2 kilometers west of downtown Sydney. The entrance to the terminal is at 5th Street Southwest / 22nd Avenue Southwest. The best way to get to the airport from outside is via the signposted State Highway # 16.