Staunton – Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport, located in Staunton, Virginia, has been in operation since the 1940s. The airport was originally built to support military operations in World War II and was initially known as the Staunton Army Airfield. After the war, it was converted into a civilian airport and renamed Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport. Throughout the 1950s and 1960s, the airport underwent several expansions to accommodate larger aircraft and more passengers. In 1973, it became one of the first airports in Virginia to have a control tower installed. In 2003, it was designated as a regional hub for air transportation by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This designation allowed for further expansion of facilities and services at the airport. Today, Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport provides commercial airline service to major cities across the United States as well as charter flights within Virginia. It is also home to several flight schools and other aviation-related businesses. The airport is operated by an independent authority made up of representatives from Augusta County, Staunton City, and Waynesboro City governments who are responsible for its day-to-day operations.
- Sadie Hawkins Dance
- Sadie Hawkins Day
- Saint Hubert Développement
- Scout Helicopter Division
- Service Historique de la Défense
- Shop Drawing
- Sims Hot Date
- Single-Hop Delay
- Smart Handheld Devices
Staunton Airport – Shenandoah Valley, VA (SHD)
The small Staunton – Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport is a major air traffic hub in the US state of Virginia. It is located in northern Augusta County, near Weyers Cave parish.
- URL: Staunton – Shenandoah Valley, VA (SHD)
- Time zone: GMT -5
- Service phone: +1 540 234-8304
- Address: Staunton – Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport, 77 Aviation Circle, Weyers Cave, VA 24486, USA
- Operator: Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport Commission
- Parking: Yes, available, parking is even free.
- Getting There : Take Interstate 81 to Exit # 285, then follow airport signs on SR-256 (Weyers Cave Road).
- Train connections: Take the “Cardinal” route to Staunton Amtrak Rail Station and then either take a taxi or take route 1b of the “BRCC SHUTTLE”.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.47%), Tuesday (16.02%), Wednesday (15.47%), Thursday (14.92%), Friday (14.92%), Saturday (11.05%), Sunday (12.15%)
- other spellings: Shenandoah Valley-Stauton-VA, Стонтон, Виргиния, ス ト ー ン ト ン (バ ー ジ ニ ア 州), 斯 汤 顿 (弗吉尼亚 州)
The airport is located approx. 25 kilometers northeast of Staunton, in the village of Weyers Cave. The best way to get to the airport for passengers traveling by car is Interstate 81. Take I-81 to Exit 285 and then continue on State Road 256 (Weyers Cave Road) which is the rest of the way until Airport Road is signposted.
Passengers arriving by train should take the Amtrak “Cardinal” route to Staunton Rail Station and either take a taxi from there or call the BRCC SHUTTLE telephone number: 1-800-305-0077 in advance for an airport – Reserve shuttle. Route 1 leaves the Staunton Visitor Center every hour on weekdays between approx. 7:20 am to approx. 5:20 pm, but you can only find out the current departure times directly from the provider.