Syracuse Hancock International Airport Abbreviation Code
- Serves You Right
- Setup Your Roommate
- Sonic Youth Recordings
- Synergy Brands, Inc.
- Syracuse, NY, USA – Hancock International
- Syrian Arab Airlines
Syracuse Hancock International Airport, NY (SYR)
The Syracuse Hancock International Airport is one of the many civilian airports in the US state of New York. It is located near the provincial capital of the same name in the administrative district of Onondaga County and is also its main air transport hub.
- URL: Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR)
- Time zone: GMT -5
- Service phone: +1 315 454-4330
- Address: Syracuse Hancock International Airport, 1000 Colonel Eileen Collins Boulevard, Syracuse, NY 13212, USA
- Operator: City of Syracuse Dept. of Aviation
- Parking: Yes, for a fee; Short and long term parking
- Nearby cities: Syracuse (8 km)
- Accessibility: Take Interstate 81 to Exit # 26 or # 27 and then follow the airport signs.
- Train Connections: Take the train to the Syracuse Amtrak Rail Station and then take a taxi or CNYRTA public transport to the airport.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.78%), Tuesday (14.40%), Wednesday (14.44%), Thursday (14.95%), Friday (14.68%), Saturday (12.32%), Sunday (14.42%)
- other spellings: Syracuse NY, Syracuse Hancock, Hancock, Сиракьюс, Нью-Йорк, Сіракузи, Сиракюз, Σίρακιους, سيراكيوز, نيويورك, سیراکیوز, סירקיוז, सेराक्युस, ซี รา คิว ส์, 시러큐스 (뉴욕 주)シラキュース (ニューヨーク州), 雪城 (纽约 州), 锡拉丘兹
Most popular destinations from Syracuse Hancock International Airport (flights per week)
- Philadelphia International Airport, PA (40, 11.90%)
- New York – John F. Kennedy International Airport, NY (40, 11.90%)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport, NC (32, 9.52%)
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, MI (29, 8.63%)
- Atlanta International Airport (24, 7.14%)
- Washington DC – Dulles International Airport, DC (24, 7.14%)
- Washington DC – Ronald Reagan National Airport, VA (24, 7.14%)
- New York – Newark Liberty International Airport, NJ (23, 6.85%)
- New York – La Guardia Airport, NY (21, 6.25%)
- Boston Logan International Airport, MA (15, 4.46%)
- Other (19.07%)
Top airlines (share of take-offs / landings)
- American Airlines (238, 14.39%)
- Aeroméxico (125, 7.56%)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (117, 7.07%)
- KLM (102, 6.17%)
- Delta Air Lines (102, 6.17%)
- Air France (93, 5.62%)
- Korean Air Lines (87, 5.26%)
- United Airlines (74, 4.47%)
- ALITALIA (48, 2.90%)
- Lufthansa (45, 2.72%)
- Other (37.67%)
The airport, which opened in 1928, is 6 kilometers northeast of downtown Syracuse, just off Interstate 81. The best way to get to the airport for drivers arriving from outside the airport is to take Interstate 81 in Syracuse to exit # 26 or # 27 and then follow the signs to the parking lots.
Zuganreisende passengers take the train to Syracuse Amtrak Rail Station, which is located near the Regional Transportation Center and then take the bus route # 250 of public transport provider CNYRTA next to the airport
Furthermore, there is also the possibility of many cities in the State of New York and from Montreal and Toronto to travel to Syracuse by bus on the Adirondack Trailways.