Western Nebraska Regional Airport is located in Scottsbluff, Nebraska. It was established in 1929, when the city of Scottsbluff purchased a plot of land to construct an airport. The airport’s first runway was completed in 1931 and, by the late 1930s, it had become a major hub for air travel in the region. In 1939, the Civil Aeronautics Administration designated it as a commercial service facility. Throughout the 1940s and 1950s, the airport saw increased use due to its proximity to military bases and large agricultural operations.
In 1965, Western Nebraska Regional Airport underwent a major expansion that included building two new runways and upgrading existing facilities. This expansion allowed for larger aircraft to use the airport and increased its capacity for passengers and cargo traffic significantly. In 1986, the airport was designated a regional hub by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This designation allowed for additional federal funding which allowed for further development of infrastructure at Western Nebraska Regional Airport.
Since then, Western Nebraska Regional Airport has continued to expand its services and facilities to meet growing demand from both commercial airlines and private pilots alike. In 2018 it unveiled its new state-of-the-art terminal building with modern amenities such as conference rooms and expanded security screening areas. The terminal also features a variety of restaurants, shops, lounges, charging stations and other amenities that make traveling more comfortable than ever before. With these improvements made over recent years Western Nebraska Regional Airport has become one of the most popular airports in all of western Nebraska.
BFF is the abbreviation code for Western Nebraska Regional Airport. According to Abbreviation Finder, BFF can also mean:
- Bags Fly Free
- Bank Failure Friday
- Belgische Federatie van Fotografen
- Below Finished Floor
- Ben Folds Five
- Benchmark Format Form
- Best Foam Fabricators, Inc.
- Best Foot Forward
- Best Freakin Friend
- Best Frenemies Forever
- Best Friend Farted
- Best Friends Forever
- Biblical Foundations for Freedom
- Bicycle Film Festival
- Binary File Format
- Biotech Finance Forum
Scottsbluff Airport, NE (BFF)
The Western Nebraska Regional Airport near Scottsbluff is a major air traffic hub in the US state of Nebraska. It is located in the administrative district of Scotts Bluff County, which borders the neighboring state of Wyoming to the west.
- URL: Scottsbluff (BFF)
- Time zone: GMT -7
- Service phone: +1 308 635-4941
- Address: Western Nebraska Regional Airport, 250023 Airport Road, Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69361, USA
- Operator: Airport Authority of Scotts Bluff County
- Parking: Yes, parking is even free.
- Transport: From Scottsbluff, take East Overland Drive and follow signs to the airport.
- Train connections: The nearest possible Amtrak Rail Station is about 180 kilometers further south in Fort Morgan, Colorado, from where there is a connection to the “California Zephyr”, which runs from Chicago to Emeryville.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (17.13%), Tuesday (16.57%), Wednesday (16.57%), Thursday (16.02%), Friday (16.02%), Saturday (8.84%), Sunday (8.84%)
- other spellings: Western Nebraska Regional Airport, William B. Heilig Field, Скоттсблаф, Небраска, ス コ ッ ツ ブ ラ フ, 斯科茨布 拉夫
The airport is 5 kilometers east of Scottsbluff. Drivers use East Overland Drive from Scottsbluff and follow the signs to the airport.