Eagle County Regional Airport, CO (EGE)
The Eagle County Regional Airport is a small airport in the municipality of Eagle County, Colorado. The airport is a very popular destination, especially in winter, as the well-known ski areas of Vail and Beaver Creek, where Alpine World Ski Championships have already taken place in the past, are located nearby.
- URL: Eagle County Regional (EGE)
- Time zone: GMT -7
- Service phone: +1 970 328-2680
- Address: Eagle County Regional Airport, 219 Eldon Wilson Drive, PO Box 850, Eagle-Gypsum, CO 81637, USA
- Operator: Eagle County
- Parking: Yes, available, parking is free for passengers.
- Transport connections: The airport can be easily reached either on Interstate Highway 70 at exit # 140 or from Eagle on US Highway 6.
- Train connections: The nearest possible Amtrak Rail Station is about 50 kilometers further west in Glenwood Springs, from where there is a connection to the “California Zephyr”, which runs from Chicago to Emeryville.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (14.00%), Tuesday (13.02%), Wednesday (14.50%), Thursday (13.84%), Friday (14.66%), Saturday (16.46%), Sunday (13.51%)
- other spellings: Vail-CO
The airport is about 6 kilometers west of the city center, near the village of Gypsum. Drivers coming from outside the city should take Interstate Highway 70 to exit # 140 to Gypsum and then follow US Highway 6 to the airport. Alternatively, you can drive to the airport on US Highway 6 from Eagle.
The local public transport company ECO offers a daily bus connection to the airport, for example from Beaver Creek, Lionshead, Leadville or Edwards. Please inquire about the exact departure times on site.