Petersburg Airport was built in 1927, initially as a private airfield for the local community. It was designed to accommodate small planes and light aircraft, with the first flight taking off on April 19 of that year. By the late 1930s, it had become an important military base for the US Navy and Army Air Corps. During World War II, it was used as a major training center for pilots and navigators. After the war, it was used as a commercial airport by airlines such as Eastern Airlines and Piedmont Airlines. In 1965, Petersburg Airport underwent its first major expansion to accommodate larger commercial jets. The airport underwent another major renovation in 1979 which included the construction of a new control tower and terminal building. Since then, the airport has seen continuous improvements to its infrastructure with new runways being added in 2003 and 2013 respectively. Petersburg Airport is now one of the busiest airports in Virginia with over 200 daily flights connecting travelers from all over the world to this historic city.
- Pacific Seabird Group
- Packet-Switched Gateway
- Pagan Spirit Gathering
- Paris Saint-Germain
- Parti Socialiste Genevois
- Parti Socialiste de Guyanais
- Partido Socialista Galego
- Partir sans Gagner
- Passive Signal Generation
- Patient Support Group
- Patti Smith Group
- Perchlorate Study Group
- Personal Systems Group
- Personnel Support Group
- Petersburg, AK, USA – Municipal
- Pfadfinderinnenschaft Sankt Georg
- Phospho Silicate Glass
- Phrase Structure Grammar
Petersburg Airport, AK (PSG)
The Petersburg Airport is a major commercial airport in the US state of Alaska. The small Norwegian-speaking community is located at the northern end of Mitkof Island, which is part of the Alexander Archipelago. Juneau, the next largest city and at the same time the capital of Alaska, is located approx. 180 air kilometers northwest of Petersburg.
- URL: Petersburg, AK (PSG)
- Time zone: GMT -9
- Service phone: +1 907 772-4624
- Address: Petersburg Airport, POBox 1108, Petersburg, AK 99811, USA
- Operator: State of Alaska DOT & PF
- Parking: Yes, there are enough parking spaces available.
- Transport connections: The airport is located on the southern edge of the municipality.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.61%), Tuesday (14.77%), Wednesday (13.21%), Thursday (13.81%), Friday (13.81%), Saturday (13.81%), Sunday (15.01%)
- other spellings: Petersburg-AK, Петербург (Аляска), ピ ー タ ー ズ バ ー グ (ア ラ ス カ 州), 彼得 斯堡 (阿拉斯加州)
Most popular destinations from Petersburg, AK (flights per week)
- Anchorage (8, 20.00%)
- Juneau International, AK (8, 20.00%)
- Ketchikan, AK (8, 20.00%)
- Seattle – Tacoma International Airport, WA (8.20%)
- Other (20.00%)
The airport is located on the southern outskirts.