Toledo Express Airport was established in 1941 as the Toledo Municipal Airport. The airport served as a training base for the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II, and its runways were used by B-24 Liberator bombers. After the war, the airport was modernized and expanded to accommodate commercial flights and air freight services. In 1978, the airport was renamed Toledo Express Airport to reflect its increased role in regional transportation.
Over the years, the airport has seen steady growth due to its convenient location and access to major highways. It now serves over half a million passengers annually with nonstop service to several cities across the United States. In addition, it serves as an important hub for air cargo operations between Europe and North America, providing essential services for many businesses in the area. The airport also provides facility space for general aviation aircraft and corporate jets, making it a popular destination for business travelers in northwestern Ohio. To accommodate growing demand, Toledo Express Airport is currently undergoing expansion with new terminal facilities being added in 2021.
- TRICARE Online
- Tailored Outfitting List
- Tales of Legendia
- Technical Operations Lead
- Telemetry Object List
- Temporary Occupation License
- Test Object List
- Test on Line
- Texas OilTech Laboratories
- Thanks Out Loud
- The Outer Limits
- Thermal Over Load
- Thinking Out Loud
- Thinking of Laughing
- Thousand Oaks Library
- Time On-Line
- Time Outs Left
Toledo Airport, OH (TOL)
The Toledo Express Airport is a major air traffic hub in the US state of Ohio. It is located in the northwestern administrative district of Lucas County, of which Toledo is also the provincial capital.
- URL: Toledo, OH (TOL)
- Time zone: GMT -5
- Service phone: +1 419 865-2351
- Address: Toledo Express Airport, 11013 Airport Highway, Swanton, OH 43558, USA
- Operator: Toledo-Lucas County Port Authority
- Parking: Yes, for a fee; Short-term and long-term parking spaces, but the first 15 minutes of the short term are free.
- Nearby cities: Toledo (23 km), Ann Arbor (76 km)
- Transport connections: The airport is located directly on Interstate 80 at exit # 52.
- Train connections: Take the train to the Toledo Amtrak Rail Station and then transfer to a taxi.
- Flight distribution on the days of the week: Monday (15.00%), Tuesday (12.94%), Wednesday (14.49%), Thursday (14.85%), Friday (14.63%), Saturday (13.01%), Sunday (15.07%)
- other spellings: Toledo-OH, Toledo Express Airport, Толедо (Огайо), Τολέδο, طليطلة, توليدو ، أوهايو, טולדו -אוהיו, टोलेडो, โต ハ โด, 털리 도 (トオ レ), 털리 도 (トオ レ), 도 (トオ レ), (俄亥俄州), 托萊多
Most popular destinations from Toledo, OH (flights per week)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport, NC (16, 61.54%)
- Orlando Sanford International Airport (3, 11.54%)
- Valparaiso (3, 11.54%)
- Punta Gorda – Charlotte County (2, 7.69%)
- Other (7.69%)
The airport is located approximately 18 kilometers west of Toledo. The best way to get to the airport for drivers coming from outside of the city is Interstate 80. Take I-80 towards Swanton to Exit # 52 and then just follow the signs to the parking lots.
Passengers arriving by train take either the “Lake Shore Limited” or the “Capitol Limited” to Toledo Union Station and then change to a taxi.